Monday 14 May 2012

The Little People

I had been waiting over one and half years to do this course and was very very excited that the weekend in February finally arrived.

I already knew how to make little people in icing but now I was to learn how to make them with FOAM and icing. Bring it on!!!

We had 12 people in our course and we literally were from all around Australia. Margie Carter was our teacher who is literally one of Australia's top cake decorators and fabulous!!! Was absolutely inspired. Margie was even kind enough to answer all my nonsense questions.

Step one ... to use one of these saw things (once again I was imagining my trip to Bunnings to play charades with trying to describe what I was looking for)


Step 2 - arts and craft. My favourite time of the day ... getting the outline to prep for sawing the foam.


Looks quite easy.... but stand by callers ....


What you can't see in the pics is those little pieces of bloody foam going everywhere!! And I mean everywhere ....





Yep you guessed it .... another tool I was going to have learn the name of .... wonder if they do a Bunnings course for girls just to name tools ....




Looking alright - wish I made mine to look they they had eaten a few more burgers but you learn as you go ...


Another excuse to go to Spotlight ... like I really need another one ....



Mr Groom getting dressed .... had to do patterns on his tie to make him stand out a little ....

Miss Bridie getting frocked up for her big day .... no wonder they are smiling!!!



Right we are dressed, smiling, got arms (finally), hair is done, just need some eyes maybe??? The eyes were one of the hardest parts to do as you have such a steady hand .... good thing I have been painting my nails all my life ....




Ahh look the happy couple .... check out the sparkles too .... had to restrain myself from going over the top .... as I learnt "Less is More'' ...



These were everyone elses in the class and they all looked AWESOME!!! Even though we all started out with the same 2 cut outs at the start of the course .... it was amazing how everyones unique styles came out with their little people.


Welcome to the world Whitney (named after our dear Whitney Houston who passed away in the middle of my course) and Brad. (Just for you Suse...)

No comments:

Post a Comment