Monday 7 May 2012

The Lovely Cake

This cake has actually been one of my favourite and memorable cakes to create. We were going through a particularly busy time in the World of Television and a few things were going on in my life to just make me 'take a moment'.


The bride phoned me 3 weeks before their wedding day as her cake decorator had to cancel due to sickness....


The Bride and Groom are English and were getting married on a ferry on the harbour and the first thing the Bride asked me was if I had heard of Edward Monkton who is an artist in the UK.


My answer was a most definite YES!! Between 2 of my besties Sareybear and Els, I have many of his cards and phrases hanging up in my home.


The couple were having an Edward Monkton themed wedding and were looking for a wedding cake with the 2 x dinosaur figurines on top ... The cake was titled after 'A Lovely Love Story'.


As time was getting close I needed help with this cake. The baking angle wasn't a worry as it was only a choccie mud and white choccie mud but I needed help with the actual dinosaurs and the text that I wanted to write on my cake ...

Bring on Cousin Kylie who is my Director of Figurines. Ky is the creative one out of us and she gets me started on the shapes of the figurines. We kept swapping the dinosaurs back and forth to give them the same look and I think we got them looking quite authentic. They both looked like they had a big mac meal before the wedding, nice and plump. PS: the wooden table Ky and I are working on has been in the family for years and years (literally) and can tell many stories .... 






Now it was time to actually prep the cakes ....



Okay the cakes are ready ... time to take a car trip over Northbridge to the Morcos Home for Michele to work her artistic magic and it was a good chance to have a natter at the same time  and to 'borrow' some lavender that I usually take ...Thanks Jan!! Check out the pic of Michele's work space ..... very envious of all the fun art stuff.





''And that my friends, is how it is with love'' ..... such a simple few words that mean a lot!!!

Was very happy there was no one to help me drop this cake off as I had to get on and off a ferry docked at a wharf (in a skirt with style) which was wobbling quite a bit ... when the cake was settled (but my nerves were not)  I was just looking at the sky begging for the cake not to roll off the table ...

The Bride and Groom must have really liked the cake too as they texted me at 11.43pm that night to say thank you ....

No comments:

Post a Comment